The drain clean system
Invented and designed in Denmark, with a documented effect. It consists of a device installed on sink drainpipes that removes and prevent bacteria from developing. The device consists of two parts. A steel mount which is mounted on any sink drainpipe above the trap, and a UV-C lamp which ensures that all particles moving through the steel mount are directly exposed to UV-C light which burns the DNA/RNA of bacteria and biofilm. The UV-C lamp is of 10 watt with a lifetime of 9 000 hours.
- Cleans polluted and contaminated sink drains
- Kills microorganisms and biofilm
- Prevents bacteria and diseases from spreading via sinks.
- Eliminates unwanted gasses (VOCs)
- Prevents growth of yeast
- Removes fungal spores
Biofilm formation in drain pipes before test period
Figure 1 Number of CFU in the drain pipe of both sinks before installing a UV bottom valve in the test sink and cleaning of control sink (0.5 cm2, depth: 6 cm).
Biofilm formation in drain pipes during test period
Figure 2 Number of CFU in both test and control sink drain pipes on day 0, day 11 and day 42 respectively during test period.
- Provides safe sink drains free of bacteria
- Prevents deceases and epidemics from spreading
- Helps people with exposure to deceases e.g. in hospitals
- Obtains clean and germ-free sink drains
- Green solution – zero use chemicals
- Eliminates odors
INDUSTRIAL applications include